How a mix of exam pressure and extensive hunger can backfire !

Absent-minDEADness !!!!

                                                                                                  (Jai "Satyanarayana";-))

We had our biochemistry practical exam(please note: University biochemistry practical exam) the next day.It was 8 pm and both of us were famished. Our tiffin was supposed to arrive at 9.But both of us couldn't wait till then. She came up with this idea of ordering pizzas.I bought that idea and quickly grabbed my phone to order pizzas from Dominos(6888 6888 for those who don't know.I mean this number is our savior of all times) Both of us were eagerly waiting for the pizza to arrive.As they say '30 minutes or free'!( Gosh I trust Dominos more than I trust people these days because come what may Dominos delivers its promise).Couldn't concentrate on reading even a single sentence because every time we'd grab the book and try to read,weird noises from our tummies would disturb us shifting our focus from serum amylase to salivary amylase ,TCA to ETA of the pizza.And finally the phone rings.Sigh!  
Delighted at the sound of my ringtone(ironically which was Aaja Aaja mai hu pyaar tera at that time)I jumped off my bed almost taking a 3 feet lap landing on the floor.I grabbed the phone in my hand and yes,it was the pizza guy.The pizza guy who was the most important person for me on planet earth at that time.He was Krishh err naah.Never mind.I answered the call and ran downstairs to receive the delivery.The aroma of cheese started stimulating my olfactory lobes right from the second floor itself.Right outside my hostel gate he was standing with his bike.All I could see were the boxes in his hands.I quickly paid him and ran upstairs.While I moved swiftly towards my room,the girls studying in the corridor saw the pizza boxes and the soft drink bottles in my hand.Unostentatiously,I entered my room and locked it from inside. 
There we sat eating the pizzas as if we hadn't eaten food since the evolution of mankind.Ten minutes down this process of hogging on the pizza,we realised that someone was at the door. We agreed to the fact that it was one of our hostel mates and that if we open the door,one piece of our pizza and almost 30 ml soft drink will surely be at risk.In unison,we decided to open the door only after we finished eating even the last piece of capsicum of the topping and after gulping the last drop out of the soft drink bottle.We increased the velocity of biting,chewing, swallowing and sipping until we finished everything.And yeah we clicked a picture too!It was almost twenty minutes down.The person at the door was still knocking(Seriously I mean she might have grown older by then having grey hair and wrinkled skin.Sorry). 
I opened the door and to our surprise it was 'the MAUSHI'(maid) who was on night duty.She said "tumchyanni pizza aanlela ka porinnu? Te bagha khali vaat baghun rahile ki te? Jawa.Bagha jawa.Paishe rahile ki tumche".(Are you the ones who ordered pizza?The pizza boy is waiting for you downstairs.You left some money with him)Boom! I realised what I had done.I had given him a thousand rupee note for my delivery which was priced 350 bucks.And I left the change with him.I ran downstairs with a speed equivalent to the speed of the road runner from 'The Road Runner Show'(Beep beep.Yeah!) The pizza boy had been standing there for almost half an hour.I felt sorry and I apologized for putting him through it.Period.

Moral : Havratpana Nadu Shakto (no translation needed!)



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.